Friday 10 July 2015

Ikorodu Bank Robbers insist they were not led by a Lady



ENCOMIUM Weekly had a chat with some witnesses who gave similar accounts..

GEORGE ODIGIE
“The incident of Wednesday, June 24, 2015, was terrible.  That would be my first time of witnessing that kind of robbery.  I have only heard of Shina Rambo, I never saw him and his gang in
operation.  Those guys that came to Ebute Ipakodo are well trained armed robbers.  The way they handled the gun was fearful.
Even I don’t think the police can shoot the way they did that day.  I believe they’re the same set that terrorized Ijede about three weeks ago.  Their mission was to rob and not to kill anybody because if they were there to kill, I don’t think I will still be alive today.  I also came to Zenith Bank to withdraw with my ATM card.  Suddenly I heard a loud voice followed by a gun shot.  When I looked up, I ran out of the place alongside others who were also scampering for safety.  They commanded all of us out of the premises.  Before we knew it, they had blown the outer part of First Bank, then Zenith Bank too with explosives.  They gained entry into the two banks and came out after about one hour of uninterrupted operation.  The money they stole was too much.  Everybody was just watching helplessly.  They reduced the police to a piece of cake that day.  They were fully armed and most of them were not that tall.  I guess they must be in their 20s.  They’re likely to be cultists.  No one could identify anyone of them.
“The operation lasted about two hours before they drove out of the place.  We later heard another round of shooting few metres away, after which flame covered the whole atmosphere.  Some of us still rushed there, we got to know that they had burnt the three jeeps they brought for the operation and escaped through the waterways.”

RAFIU OSALABI
“The Wednesday, June 24, 2015 robbery was shocking.  We’re all scared.  I thought the end had come.  The robbers were many.  No one knows exactly their number.  I only know there was a lady among them.  She wore a lot of things round her neck.  I believe they’re charms.  It’s like a dream.  They were devilish in their conduct.  The only thing was that they didn’t shoot anybody but if the policemen had come out that day, only God knows how many of the policemen would have been killed because the type of guns these guys paraded were first class.  They started

No comments:

Post a Comment